ApprenNet sends you six types of email notifications. All notifications are defaulted to on. Scroll to the end of this article to learn how to manage (i.e. turn on or off) your notifications.
- Stage Notification
- Stage refers to the Challenge, Peer Review, Expert Response, and Recap stages of an Exercise. If your Instructor set dates for your learning stages, then you will receive email notifications alerting you as to when stages open and close. These emails help you stay on task.
- Completion Report Notification
- If your Instructor includes an end date for your Exercise, you will receive an email alerting you to what stages you completed. If your Exercise included a Top Reviewed list of leaderboard, then this notifications will include the Top Reviewed results.
- Feedback Notifications
- Every morning we collect data on feedback each person received to his or her Submission or feedback received in a discussion thread people participated in. At 8am EST, we send automatic emails to anyone who received feedback linking them back to new feedback.
- Video Processing Notifications
- Each time you record and upload a video, you will receive an email alerting you as to whether or not the video processed. Due to bad connectivity, some videos do not process. We implemented this email to alert you about your processing status. If your video didn't process (which is becoming more and more rare with better internet connections), you will be directed back to your video so you can re-upload when you have a stronger connection.
- Learning how to use ApprenNet Notifications
As part of onboarding process, we send you a series of emails alerting you how to navigate ApprenNet to ensure the best learning experience. For example, when Peer review opens for the first time, you will receive an email with tips on how to provide your peers actionable, specific, meaningful feedback.
- User Triggered Notifications
- There are a number of User actions that cause you to receive emails. The following outlines these actions and the notification you will receive as a results:
- Deadline Extension Grant: Instructors can grant you a 24 hour deadline extension to submit to the Challenge stage. If an Instructor grants you this extension, you will receive an email alerting you to the extension deadline.
- New Account Created: If an Instructor bulk imports Learners into his or her Group or an Instructor adds you individually to his or her Group, you will get an email notifying you of this action.
- App Link: If you want a link to download the ApprenNet app, you can click on the message that notes "Email me a link to the app." Upon doing so, ApprenNet will send you an email with a link to the app.
- LTI: If you are accessing ApprenNet via your LMS through a LTI integration, you will receive an email from ApprenNet when a new ApprenNet account is created for you from an LTI launch.
You can manage all notifications (i.e. turn them on or off) except the user triggered notifications, by following these steps:
- Select your email located at the top right corner of all ApprenNet pages
- Select Settings
- Select Email Notifications located in the left navigational bar
- Select boxes where you want to receive notifications and deselect the boxes to notifications you do not want to receive
- Select the green Update button