This video walks you through the process of launching ApprenNet through the Canvas LTI Integration. Below are step by step instructions to walk you through the process as well.
Add ApprenNet to a Canvas Module
One way to add ApprenNet to your course is in a Canvas module. Once you have ApprenNet added as an external tool to Canvas using the steps above, here is how you can put an external tool link to ApprenNet in a Canvas Module.
1. From inside a Canvas module, select the gear drop-down menu and select Add Content.
2. In the Add Item window, select External Tool in the Add drop-down menu.
3. You will see the ApprenNet tool listed in the middle of the Add Item window. Select ApprenNet. This will auto-fill the rest of the form.
4. Select Add Item. You will see a link to ApprenNet added to the module.
Selecting this link will behave differently depending on your role in the course and whether or not you already have an ApprenNet account.
As an Instructor, once you log in or create an account, ApprenNet will automatically create a Group for your course and enroll you as an Instructor.
When a Learner launches ApprenNet from this link they will be prompted to log in or sign up. Once they do so, they will automatically be added as a member of your course's ApprenNet Group. Accounts will automatically be created and Users will be signed in based on the user information passed by the LTI link.
To view how Learners launch ApprenNet from Canvas, please see the following article:
Launching ApprenNet from Canvas - Learner
Launch ApprenNet from Canvas
1. After ApprenNet has been added as an External Tool to one of your modules, click the link:
2. The first time you access ApprenNet from Canvas, you’ll see this screen. You will only see this the first time you access ApprenNet. After that first time, you’ll log directly into your ApprenNet homepage (see step 4). If it’s your first time accessing ApprenNet, click “Create an Account” to finish setting up your account.
3. Add your email, first name, last name, and password. Then click “Create Account.”
4. You will be automatically taken to the Organization and Group associated with your course. Click on the Group (Course Name) or Exercise to view them.
View your Group:
View your Exercise: